The Réseau OMERIS, known for its dedication to its residents, offers dining services for both lunch and dinner, 7 days a week. To ensure the smooth operation of these meals, the Network employs “waiters and/or hotel agents” responsible for setting up the dining area, serving, and cleaning up.
Since 2015, the Institut Lyfe Executive Education has been partnering with Decima Formation in its initiative to enhance the skills and service quality in the Réseau OMERIS’s dining facilities. With this goal in mind, we recently hosted a group of 8 employees from the Réseau for a customized training program spanning three days, incorporating theoretical lessons, workshops, and practical scenarios.
This training revolved around three main axes:
- Knowledge and Professional Techniques : Trainees acquired expertise in the gestures, technical knowledge, and service etiquette required in the field.
- Restaurant Service Experience : They were immersed in real-life scenarios, assuming the roles of servers in a bistro-style restaurant. This involved setting up the dining area, welcoming customers, providing service, and clearing tables.
- Commitment to Quality Table Service and Action Plan : Through brainstorming sessions, they identified their individual and collective practices, reaching a consensus on common operational principles and uniform practices in the pursuit of continuous improvement in restaurant service quality.
This program aimed to achieve several key objectives:
- Facilitating the professional growth of the dining staff.
- Providing a clear understanding of quality service.
- Recognizing and valuing employees’ experiences.
- Enhancing professionalism in their actions and behaviors to deliver exceptional service.
- Cultivating effective and friendly relationships with residents.
Decima Formation, with the support of the Institut Lyfe Executive Education, reaffirms its commitment to the professional development of the Réseau OMERIS’s staff, with the ultimate goal of enhancing the dining experience for residents during their meals.