You are a professional in the beverage sector and wish to enhance your knowledge in the world of sake, this training is made for you.
Ultimate Sake Studies is an extremely complete training program on Japanese sake. Recognized in Japan by the Kuramoto Kôryûkai, a famous association of sake producers, this training program was designed by two French sake professionals, Siméon Molard and Julien Casorla in partnership with producers, researchers, and historians. At the end of this 3-day programme you will be able to obtain the “Ultimate Sake Student Certified” certificate.
Duration: 3 days-21 hours
Dates: From April 8th to 10th 2024
Number of participants: 6 to 10
Requirements: Work in the catering or wine/alcool/spirits industry, and/or be passionate about Japan, sake.
Price: €1,440 including VAT-€1,200 excluding VAT
- Gain fundamental knowledge about sake: production, categories, denominations… as well as the cultural and historical background to understand current market issues
- Taste different sake and recognize their characteristics
- Become familiar with the sake service rules
- Include sake into your restaurant menu
This programme is intended for sommeliers, maître d’hôtel, bartenders, chefs, anyone interested in Japanese culture and knowledge of sake
Programme provided in French only.
- The production of sake: the different methods of brewing sake
- History and culture of sake
- The different terminology of sake, the main families and classifications
- The sake market and its players in Japan and the West
- Presentation of sake on a restaurant menu, the speech of the sake sommelier
- Sake labeling and techniques for reading it (kanji)
- Serving and tasting temperatures
- Umami and sake: food/sake pairings
- Aruten/Junmai: differentiating between “pure sake” and sake with additions
- Sake-based cocktails
- 30 sakes will be tasted throughout the training program